AJL Mod

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AJL
[ The All Mighty Chimp ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   28.04.12 12:25

Ali wrote:

1. Only the leader carries a motion tracker and that thing doesn't always keep track of the enemy. It was nearly impossible to see him as the predator whenever he cloaked and...
2. Once again I'm a bit confused with the purpose of the Terminator guy. He looks awesome and his vision is cool but his aiming reticule is weird. I was hoping it would automatically track...
3. Corporates in general are weaker than Marines in terms of fire power and armed capability. This is how I see the offensive capacity of each team: Preds > Aliens > Marines > Corps
4. Is it possible to give the Corporates the dual pistol and the old grenade launcher back? I think those two alone should make them quite capable of surviving an attack from...
5. The Alien's acid is way too strong. For predators, its fair game but for humans, not so much.
6. The Seeker Predator's Charged Homing Fireball Weapon is broken. It can literally wipe out all enemies around the area. Too damn powerful and the only way to stop it is shooting it.
7. I never figured out what IFF stands for in the turret.
8. Once again I miss the Predalien. I still can't understand what the cause of his removal was. This is the best mod I have ever played for AVP2 and for any reason given I just can't...
9. Only the Queen gets to lay eggs. One of the main reasons AVP-R is hated so much is because it broke this law and provided the Predalien with the capability to insert embryos...
10. The Predalien and with his Headbiting capability is something that I consider a rare and exclusive distinction in any mod. I have yet to see this feature outside AVP:PH.
11. Why is the runner called a "dragon" and why is it black? I always thought the uniqueness of the runner came from the fact that he was differently colored...
12. The Preatorian/guard to me has always looked horridly bland and lackluster ever since its inception in AVP2...

1. Each marine have their special class item, leaders got trackers, riflemen got nades, comtech got sentry and support got bottomless backpack... And yes the tracker is not perfect
and it is intentional, generally fast moving things are detected faster and faster you're moving while using it, the longer it will take for it to detect anything... And the predators cloak
visibility... Well... I didn't have much trouble seeing you while you were the pred Laughing The cloak isn't just invisibility, it sort of allows preds to blend into the nearby background, but
for it to work, the background must be there, behind them (from the observers point of view), if cloaked pred moves out in the open, humans may still see them even from 100m
away.. The cloak can be very effective, but it won't do all the work, pred still needs to be mindfull and move in ways that take the full advantage of it...

2. Synth/Terminator... Is unfinished, the aim feature doesn't do anything at all, exept moves that while circle around for no reason...

3. While the Marines are no doubt stronger than Corps, I am not so sure about where the Aliens and Preds fit...

4. Nope and don't want to... There is no dual pistol anims (3rd view) and overall its stupid idea anyway... As for the nade launcher, its a spammers gun, I don't like the idea...

5. Acid is meant to be strong, humans are not supposed to let the bugers get so close...

6. Nothing wrong with my doomy doom balls from hell, they definitely not overpowered, may in fact be a little weak, the guidance system may need some extra work... Twisted Evil

7. IFF = identification friend or foe (when ON, its slow to fire so enemies may get past it easier, when its OFF the weapon is faster but it will shoot at everyone, including you)

8. There is no predalien, because no predalien model exists...

9. Queen and exoshit are not coming back, they never should have been there in the first place IMO... (Exoshit shouldn't have existed, queen shouldn't have been playeble)

10. If I remember right VIP mod had that disgusting ronsu monster which used the predator like headbite, but since there is no predalien model, real predalien is not possible.

11. I don't remember why I named it dragon, but it sound good IMO, + there was that guy in the movie who talked about a dragon too... + it was black in the movie too...

12. The AvP1999 had great, creepy, ramming praetorian... But AvP2 didn't implement it right, and the model and its anims are what they are, I can't fix it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   28.04.12 13:52

1. Vip mod used the predator cloak rate dynamically if I remember right, meaning if you stand still, you are almost invisible,
but slow walking still wont make you as visible as running around. AVP2 2010 implemented well the buzzering effect, when
you sprint, your enemies can see small patches which can reveal the Predator.

2. The Synth is fine as it is, the auto tracker could easily kick the balance, and make it overpowered against anything else...
Imagine the smartgun a bit more preciese (lower firerate thats ture, but still always hit) with great mobility and fast reload,
not to mention the small muzzle flash which wont blind you.

3. Marines are stronger than Corps, there is no problem with that. Corporates (or should be called Corp Mercenaries?) are
hired for money, and they propably get trained well, but the USCM guys get a longer, and maybe better training...

4. Dual pistols are a Hollywood thing, has no practicular use, useless for aiming, etc...

5. The Acid is deadly as it was in every movie

6. Meh...

7. discussed

8. The "Predalien" featured in AVP2 has already failed at its concept... I wonder how it passed on the game Designers.
Even the first AVP game had a nicer model, but the Predaliens in AVP:R or AVP 2010 (game) was actually acceptable for me,
except their stupid behaviour. Creating a new model for AVP2 would take a lot of time

9. Queen could be in game, but not the way it was featured in AVP2. It should not be a tank that rushes on its enemy,
of course it would have the ability to fight, but its movement should be really realy slow, and it should serve more like
a mobile base. High valued target for any other factions, so she should hide well, and produce eggs and hive (which is
not really possible in Lithtech Talone engine)

10. The Predalien was added to VIP mod for my continous requests (Thanks Jegu? Cool ), as I helped him to make it better,
we know how ugly the model is, but a new skin and taunts can help to make it acceptable.

11. In the first AVP movie, when the guy started to read the hieroglyphics, he read it as dragons, the dragon naming
comes from there I guess

12. Indeed. The animations could deserve a whole page here, mentioning the halfly done alien swim, or everything else.
Probably a good reason why the queen looks like a stupid gorilla aswell.
The Preatorian could still be able to be immobilized by the predator net I think, maybe not as long as other aliens, but
their great size does not mean that the net can't wrap them.

Anyway, this Mod has gone to the limits of its game engine, and still one of the greatest one with new, modern features
coded carefully and precisely, which makes this mod really really enjoyable. But there are the limits that can not be
passed... Ragdoll, Pixel shader, the DX render method will never be possible, imagine how that would spread the limits...
There are basic bugs that can not be fixed, I created an animated blood splash for VIP, and it works well, except there is
no way to fix the light for these effects, so it looks unrealistic. Also, I remember AJL trying to make all the blood splashes
affected by light, but didn't work either, just to mention an example.
Tho I always wonder if there is a way to port the game to Lithtech Jupiter EX, theorically it should not be impossible.

The AVP 2010 had great possibilities, but the publisher wasted it because they wanted it to be a run'n gun arcade game.

So finally, as you said Ali, this mod is movie accurate, which made me play way more Ajl mod MP than vanilla AVP2 in overall. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   29.04.12 1:38

Quote :
1. Each marine have their special class item, leaders got trackers, riflemen got nades, comtech got sentry and support got bottomless backpack... And yes the tracker is not perfect
and it is intentional, generally fast moving things are detected faster and faster you're moving while using it, the longer it will take for it to detect anything... And the predators cloak
visibility... Well... I didn't have much trouble seeing you while you were the pred The cloak isn't just invisibility, it sort of allows preds to blend into the nearby background, but
for it to work, the background must be there, behind them (from the observers point of view), if cloaked pred moves out in the open, humans may still see them even from 100m
away.. The cloak can be very effective, but it won't do all the work, pred still needs to be mindfull and move in ways that take the full advantage of it...

Alright, good point.

Quote :
2. Synth/Terminator... Is unfinished, the aim feature doesn't do anything at all, exept moves that while circle around for no reason...

Being all computerized and mechanical, this fella should atleast have good zooming capabilities, homing on targets with the aim features and powerful melee(remove the knife and just settle with powerful fists) since he starts off with only a measly handgun and offers no compensations other then being a target practice.

I would also give him infinite sprint, metallic foot steps, the ability to continue playing with lost limbs, a self-destruct bomb(smaller version of Predator's bomb) and lastly an alternate auxillary power source that can help him restore health atleast once(medicomp done with the animation of the hacker device).

Quote :
3. While the Marines are no doubt stronger than Corps, I am not so sure about where the Aliens and Preds fit...

The corporates seem like they are more well suited to fight aliens since most of their units aren't human (facehugger, focus detection etc). Marines appear better for predators because of their tracking weapons.

Quote :
4. Nope and don't want to... There is no dual pistol anims (3rd view) and overall its stupid idea anyway... As for the nade launcher, its a spammers gun, I don't like the idea...

The grenade launcher from PROJAM was not a spammers gun. Your mod is light years better than PROJAM but please consider some of the few good things they offered.

Quote :
6. Nothing wrong with my doomy doom balls from hell, they definitely not overpowered, may in fact be a little weak, the guidance system may need some extra work...

In which case I would give the APE suit rifleman, the synthetics and specially the Terminator synth some higher resistance to heat based weaponry.

Quote :
8. There is no predalien, because no predalien model exists...

what? there is a predalien in AVP2...

Quote :
9. Queen and exoshit are not coming back, they never should have been there in the first place IMO... (Exoshit shouldn't have existed, queen shouldn't have been playeble)

Granted I was never a fan of exosuit. A powerloader would havee been so much more better (there is even a 3d model inside the game to be used).

Quote :
10. If I remember right VIP mod had that disgusting ronsu monster which used the predator like headbite, but since there is no predalien model, real predalien is not possible.

There is a predalien in AVP2 and there is also a Predalien with headbite in AVP2:Primal hunt. I have primal hunt but I don't know how to extract the required resources.

Quote :
12. The AvP1999 had great, creepy, ramming praetorian... But AvP2 didn't implement it right, and the model and its anims are what they are, I can't fix it...

We can have that in this mod too. The only problem with the Preatorian is its stupid posture and the requirement of a few distinctive features.

The Preatorian looks dumb because its head looks like it has been hammered to the chest with its neck being stunted. Making it a bit relaxed in hunched posture with a visibly longer neck would fix that greatly if it can be done using the duck, walk and other animations already provided.

Next I would give it a more detailed texture with a more vibrant touch and demon like growling soundeffects of aliens (like in the AVP 2010 mod).

Finally we need a unique claw animation like parhaps clawing hard with one hand (AVP 2010 mod), Having longer attack reach, Knocking people down by walking/sprinting through them, high jumping and knocking enemies down by landing on them, and lastly the capability to molt into the queen by gaining extra health and/or killing a certain number of enemies. Hell Yeah, that would be really awesome.

Now for replying to Feddjeo:

Quote :
Marines are stronger than Corps, there is no problem with that. Corporates (or should be called Corp Mercenaries?) are
hired for money, and they propably get trained well, but the USCM guys get a longer, and maybe better training...

Only in regular AVP2. In this one, most of the corps are not human and should be marginally better than marines (the Terminator synth should be alot better). The fact that they have relatively less cutting edge weaponry means no balance is required on their end.

Quote :

The Synth is fine as it is, the auto tracker could easily kick the balance, and make it overpowered against anything else...
Imagine the smartgun a bit more preciese (lower firerate thats ture, but still always hit) with great mobility and fast reload,
not to mention the small muzzle flash which wont blind you.

No, no, no. He is underpowered. He starts off with a pistol and is likely to get headshot in the beggining. He needs upgrading and specially capabilities. There is no health for him either. He is just a useless synth with lighter vision at this point

Quote :
The "Predalien" featured in AVP2 has already failed at its concept... I wonder how it passed on the game Designers.
Even the first AVP game had a nicer model, but the Predaliens in AVP:R or AVP 2010 (game) was actually acceptable for me,
except their stupid behaviour. Creating a new model for AVP2 would take a lot of time

True but if we can having texturing that can hide some of these ugly features, it would truly be a wonderful addition.

Quote :
Queen could be in game, but not the way it was featured in AVP2. It should not be a tank that rushes on its enemy,
of course it would have the ability to fight, but its movement should be really realy slow, and it should serve more like
a mobile base. High valued target for any other factions, so she should hide well, and produce eggs and hive (which is
not really possible in Lithtech Talone engine)

As I said earlier, I think she should be an extension of the preatorian. Have the preatorian molt when it has high health or killed a certain number of enemies.
if marines can have auto turrents and predators can have devastating fire ball attacks than Aliens should have preatorian with queen transforming ability. Oh and the corporates should have a better Terminator dude. cheers

Quote :
So finally, as you said Ali, this mod is movie accurate, which made me play way more Ajl mod MP than vanilla AVP2 in overall.

Absolutely. I love this mod for its accuracy.

Last edited by Ali on 29.04.12 1:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   29.04.12 1:51

The AJL mod does NOT need to surpass any limits (lighting for the blood, ragdoll, dx etc.) But there is room for improvement. Here are my thoughts:

1) The predators are fine but variable cloaking would be good. Nothing fancy, just maybe change the predator's transparency while sprinting (low), normal running/walking (med) and completely still (high). Of course, easier said than done. I have no idea how to code mods and such so...

2) I don't know why people say that the predalien needs to have his model changed. Poorly designed as it is, the point is to simply still have him in the mod. Maybe a different skin but not really needed if it is not practical. He should be slow like he is in vanilla AvP 2. Maybe a different clawing animation (see AvP 2 "AvP 2010" mod). Maybe he can be the only one with the pounce from vanilla avp 2 but modified to be shorter and less damaging?

3) The only problem I have with the Aliens' faction of the mod is that there is barely any variation. The runner/dragon is somewhat different because of the height but they all play essentially the same. I've seen other mods where the clawing animation was modified but once again, ALL ALIENS had the same type of clawing. Use combination attack sets. Have one claw rapidly with the tail, the other claw rapidly but with the "break" vent animation to attack instead of a tail. Have the heavies (predalien/praetorian) claw slowly but variations in their pounces? Have the drone be the only one able to lay eggs but somewhat weaker than warrior (both units should give the player different incentives to play with)? That said, this mod has the best add-ons for the alien team in comparison to other mods I've tried. Laying eggs, sprinting, knocking enemies down and of course, the most important one, its sense mode. Any alien absolutely needs to have it so the player can plan the attack. Vanilla avp 2 does not have this so alien players are forced to simply jump right into the fight without any planning which is NOT how aliens work.

4) About the alien sprinting, I think there should be something to indicate when it is full again. For example, in HL 2: DM, there is an Auxiliary meter which indicates when we can and cannot sprint. This is simply for convenience and avoids having the player tap the key randomly which causes disorientation (you want to sprint at that moment but can't). I'm not saying you draw a meter and code it but maybe like a sound or an icon maybe? The other teams don't need it too much because they do not need to sprint that often but the aliens need this since they are only close-range fighters.

5) When playing as the humans, I noticed that they came with their tools from the campaign mode, i.e the Hacker device and the blow-torch. Can they be used in any way? If not, why are they there? They should have some function other than slowly causing minimal damage.

That is all I have for now. Might come back with more stuff later.
Back to top Go down
LordDaffy
[ Primordial Chimp ]
[ Primordial Chimp ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   29.04.12 2:22

Quote :
The corporates seem like they are more well suited to fight aliens since most of their units aren't human

Just so you know theres only one thats not human thats the synth the others are in ape suits which block there heat signatures thats why you cant pick them up in IR.
Back to top Go down
Revenant -Mar Sara-
[ Chimp Enforcer ]
[ Chimp Enforcer ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   29.04.12 9:33

Funny how someone hit the spot from the begin, you mmh91 do that in a way Rolling Eyes .

I don't either keep it so important adding cool features (mostly new grap effects) but improve statistics behind world (how things work).

We have somesort allocation here about few things, predalien model is one of them.
One side hate it like anti-christ and other accept it as any other class, I myself accept it. I never really care much was the model too gorilla or not, was it too huge/bodybuilder to be alien, I like it simply as idea to have terribly brutal monster withing monsters (there have always been idea with me about predator aliens not getting "along" with "normal" aliens).
(I'm not gona to tell it now as it requires lot of explanation, also it's my idea/desire only, others don't share love for it Rolling Eyes )

Lastly I do like more than average how predalien is in WIP mod. It looks menacing and dreadful, taunts were fear instilling, abilities shred others to messy blood mess feels "working". At least this is how I recall it (play it over year ago last time or something).
Reason I'm not now playing/beta testing/helping WIP is too much unfinished things + some personal conflicts in the past Rolling Eyes .
I simply ain't intrested if example all models don't have even skins (plain white/gray colored shotgun example) + if new versions come every another day but they won't solve previous problem instead add few more to stress.
Anyway in the end predalien in WIP is great in it's way and could be awesome if mod itself could be pushed forward beyond critical level/requirement (not better graphs, but statistics "right" how things should be working).

I myself too insist graphical "icon" which tells is stamina burned or not. It has be allowed for disabling (take it away from screen, like huds and aiming crosshairs).
But before you have "learned" it, you want see some icon telling you is it ready or not, there is no really challenge about learning it by playing, it merely annoys when you play first times and ask yourself what a fuck scratch
It could be very small bar like sustenance bar is (or R2 alien health bar). Glowing back and forth (from bright to dark) if stamina is exhausted. If fully ready then it shines brightly. Color of it could be just white/blue like it has always been or purple/violet for clearer realise if you don't have time to concentrate some icon middle of fierce fight but you need to know is it available.

---

Those ComSynths require some explanation I think. They are not "terminators" Ali Laughing . Terminators (Arnold terminators...) are cyborgs, actually hanging very edge are they simply robots (outer skin which is synthetic isn't living organims, part living part mechanical is requirement for cyborg).
ComSynth is android. - Android is mechanical (mainly plastic/synthetic issues, not metallic) thing which is capable for self thinking beyond static programming, thus allowing it mimic very humankind behavior, so closely that we actually could call it "synthetic human". "Com" comes form combat = Combat Synthetic.

---

Half-Life got something that teaches "right". People who lived at Half-Life (like me) seems to have that right stuff with them...they simply have "characteristic" bit more professional and educated.

Just like Gordon Freeman Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   29.04.12 12:23

Quote :
Lastly I do like more than average how predalien is in WIP mod. It looks menacing and dreadful, taunts were fear instilling, abilities shred others to messy blood mess feels "working". At least this is how I recall it (play it over year ago last time or something).
Reason I'm not now playing/beta testing/helping WIP is too much unfinished things + some personal conflicts in the past .
I simply ain't intrested if example all models don't have even skins (plain white/gray colored shotgun example) + if new versions come every another day but they won't solve previous problem instead add few more to stress.
Anyway in the end predalien in WIP is great in it's way and could be awesome if mod itself could be pushed forward beyond critical level/requirement (not better graphs, but statistics "right" how things should be working).

May I know where to get this "WIP" mod at its latest version?

Quote :
Those ComSynths require some explanation I think. They are not "terminators" Ali . Terminators (Arnold terminators...) are cyborgs, actually hanging very edge are they simply robots (outer skin which is synthetic isn't living organims, part living part mechanical is requirement for cyborg).
ComSynth is android. - Android is mechanical (mainly plastic/synthetic issues, not metallic) thing which is capable for self thinking beyond static programming, thus allowing it mimic very humankind behavior, so closely that we actually could call it "synthetic human". "Com" comes form combat = Combat Synthetic.

Ironically enough, I think AJL can really make a swell Terminator mod if he wanted. He has got the minigun, the vision and other many features that are needed to make it work.

But regardless of that, what I requested for this perticular cyborg is perfectly in line with what they represent. Bishop never died when the queen split his torso apart so loosing limbs shouldn't seem so outlandish for him. Zooming is something I would expect in a combat synthetic so its necessary. He would definitely have stronger punches then normal humans. Now as far as the aiming reticule goes, if AJL is against auto-aiming can we at the very least have it useful in ways like:

- Detecting enemies behind walls or nearby areas by homing in on their location
- Checking the health of the enemy units both living and mechanical (turret)

It doesn't have to be a specialized crosshair for shooting. All I wish for is to have it become useful for something. The auxillary backup health is something I would add because this unit can't collect health and once it looses its limbs, It will require something to continue functioning. It doesn't even need an animation. It would happens when the player is dead and still has his upper torso and one arm (I wouldn't want to him to loose both no matter what kind of damage he takes). Perhaps an auxillary of 20% health?

Self destruct is optional. Not really needed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   23.05.12 17:17

Hello. I'm glad this mod is still going! Haven't played AvP2 in a while, now on Win7 I have mouse problems and can not properly play, but had some games lately. Would like to play AJLMod again.
I installed the latest version, but don't know how to launch it (no icon). I'm sure I installed the full version (AJL3Setup.exe).

Are there servers/players in this mod still?
Back to top Go down
Stroke3
[ Chimp ]
[ Chimp ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   23.05.12 21:05

There are some russian 24/7 servs, both on R2 and R3. A couple of players play there sometimes, but what most of them do is spamming grenade launcher or seeker launcher which makes the game unplayable.
Sometimes pepole on forum gather and play, check older topics to see how does it work.
Finally, sometimes (but lately rather rarely) my clan and I play, but there are a lot of trouble with hosting etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   24.05.12 4:30

Ok I figured out how to launch the mod. I didn't notice the launch icon on the desktop and was loking for it in the AJLMod folder.

I have to say the mod is impressive. I like the realism approach very much (movement and such). I like how the crosshair fades out when unusable, I only wish the crosshairs had a fine black outline, to have it visible on bright backgrounds. I like the implementation of the AvP2010 crosshair for the alien. Great custom additions. It is great that you fixed the mouse sensitivity and resolutions, including widescreen support.

What I don't like is how predators IR view has a black fog so close that it's like hes a half blind mole. In my AvP2 mod I did ancient times ago I removed the fog from preds view and that allowed not only to spot prey, but to observe the environment the prey is in to plan a route before you set out to hunt it down. That in my opinion is a very important aspect of the predator, something the concept of narrow view fog simply doesn't comprehend.
The Alien fish eye vision seems a bit over the top.
The Alien leap seems a bit too weak. AvP1 nailed it, only the leap had to much distance, AvP1 leap mechanics with a slightly less range would be just perfect.
I wish the Predator could jump forward, like in AvP1,. Sprint+jump would make him leap straight forward quite far.
Mouse sensitivity when aiming marine guns seems a bit too high. It is probably unchanged, but because the fov changes the mouse senitivity should adapt accordingly and slow a tad bit down, to make it feel consistent. For instance look at the predator zoom, the mouse senitivity adjusts to the zoom stage and feels consistent.
If I change preds vision mode to IR or alien, I can't switch back to default vision, only by dropping the mask. I guess you intended to have preds only their natural vision (no human vision). I wanted that same thing for my mod (of course I couldn't get rid of the human vision), but only because the IR and alien visions had no fog and the pred could see clear as day (except no colors).

Otherwise it's all great stuff.

I have a problem though. I can join AvP2 online games only via Xfire, because if I try to do it through the ingame browser I receive that MFC Application arror and a crash. Same with AJLMod and if I try to join the AJLMod servers I have in the Xfire list, the base AvP2 is actually launched and thus I can't join the server. Any ideas what I can do? Maybe create somehow a AvP2 mod section in Xfire?
Back to top Go down
Stroke3
[ Chimp ]
[ Chimp ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   24.05.12 10:37

Psychomorph wrote:

If I change preds vision mode to IR or alien, I can't switch back to default vision, only by dropping the mask. I guess you intended to have preds only their natural vision (no human vision).
Otherwise it's all great stuff.
If you want to switch back to default just hold down the vision button Wink

Psychomorph wrote:

I have a problem though. I can join AvP2 online games only via Xfire, because if I try to do it through the ingame browser I receive that MFC Application arror and a crash. Same with AJLMod and if I try to join the AJLMod servers I have in the Xfire list, the base AvP2 is actually launched and thus I can't join the server. Any ideas what I can do? Maybe create somehow a AvP2 mod section in Xfire?

To join AJL serv via Xfire you have to go to options -> games -> select AvP 2 and in addional command line parameter paste:

for R2: -rez UMP2 -rez AJLMod\AJLMod_base.rez -rez AJLMod\AJLMod_Upd2.rez

for R3: -rez UMP2 -rez AJLMod\AJL3_BetaB.rez -rez AJLMod\AJL3_BetaU.rez

Of course you have to have UMP2 with all updates. When joining R2 serv through Xfire, AJL R2 will launch and ask you for something, choose YES and there you go :)
R3 has working server browser so there's no need for xfire anyway.
Back to top Go down
Revenant -Mar Sara-
[ Chimp Enforcer ]
[ Chimp Enforcer ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   24.05.12 14:39

There is reason for fog on predator's screens; without fog predator could see both prey type on same vision, thus making hole idea of "selecting" prey to hunt pointless.

Another is navigation. - On movies predator's visions didn't much include clear understanding of surroundings (like determining is that trash can or simply trash, is this mud or water).
It's only personality of predators race not to care much such "minor obstacles".

This is how I see it. Ask AJL himself if he got different reasons for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   31.05.12 3:38

Doc_Holliday wrote:
To join AJL serv via Xfire you have to go to options -> games -> select AvP 2 and in addional command line parameter paste:

for R2: -rez UMP2 -rez AJLMod\AJLMod_base.rez -rez AJLMod\AJLMod_Upd2.rez

for R3: -rez UMP2 -rez AJLMod\AJL3_BetaB.rez -rez AJLMod\AJL3_BetaU.rez
I downloaded the link AJL posted in the first post, I suppose it is R3?

When I di this, AJLMod launches, but does not connect to the server but simply directs me to the menu, where I need to use the ingame server browser. The reason I need to get this working in Xfire (normal AvP2 works) is because the in-game browser crashes on me every single time.

Doc_Holliday wrote:
R3 has working server browser so there's no need for xfire anyway.
As said, in-game browser crashes. Need to launch it (that means connecting to server) through Xfire somehow.
Back to top Go down
Stroke3
[ Chimp ]
[ Chimp ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   31.05.12 10:29

I have no idea how to join directly to R3 server by Xfire, but I had the same crashing browser problem as you. I reinstalled whole AvP2 game and AJL mod and it works now Wink Try this
Back to top Go down
Le Celticant
[ Chimp Enforcer ]
[ Chimp Enforcer ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   06.02.13 22:19

Hello,

I haven't spend time on B3 but I wondered if the Beta was actually "kind of stable" at least to play a game with 5 to 7 people?
Or does it often crash?

Cya.
Back to top Go down
Stroke3
[ Chimp ]
[ Chimp ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   06.02.13 23:40

It doesn't crash much, ofc more than R2 but it's definitely playable. When it comes to survivor, there are some troubles, but standard TDM is rather fine. Crashes usually occur when doing particular action, for instance on my computer it crashes when i pick up guns from dead marines. So if you avoid such actions, it should be alright.
Back to top Go down
Revenant -Mar Sara-
[ Chimp Enforcer ]
[ Chimp Enforcer ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   07.02.13 2:43

I keep it horribly buggy. How I remember it when trying to play in the past when it finally get released and patched forward, It crashed after mere 10 min of playing.

Ofcourse people learn to avoid crash bugs and again ofcourse people abuse every bug that game has. If I would come and take the first place there too I would see dozens of assholes crashing games on purpose, just like they occasionally try same at R2 when they play against me (as there is one right now again).

Another is that massive armada of minor bugs everywhere. They are so numerous that I'm not intrested even start tell, maybe BETA would be bug free if we play USCM vs Aliens only, allowing rifleman/drone only + allow pulserifle only.
...Then we would see two kind abuse - every player sprint around so that it IS normal way to move all the time (what's the point of sprint there anymore?). Secondly some would pick weapon laying at the floor.

And then I would recall again how BETA limits my way of fight.

Then I would return to R2.

---

But that's all my opinion. Make your own, mine may be bit too...unfriendly Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
=HH=Scar
[ King Kong ]
[ King Kong ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   07.02.13 14:10

Actually, it was quite stable here. I remember it would crash for no apparent reason after 3-4 hours of playing though.
Back to top Go down
Revenant -Mar Sara-
[ Chimp Enforcer ]
[ Chimp Enforcer ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   07.02.13 18:03

Hah! Isn't that quite high crash count? If the game crash either right from the start or later in the end and sometimes middle, isn't that actually very high crash percentage? ...At least I keep it that if I can't play even one game without ending to crash.
Back to top Go down
=HH=Scar
[ King Kong ]
[ King Kong ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   07.02.13 18:30

It depends on how long you intend to play. If you play less then 4 hours without breaks it won't have time to crash.
Otherwise, yeah, you get an average of 6 crashes every 24 hours. If you look at it that way, it's quite a lot.
But you can just announce here. So everyone can rejoin in 3-5 minutes after a crash for example.

It may not be as stable as we'd like, but it's definitely playable as long as you don't find a forced 5 minute break every ~4 hours and losing your scores unbearable. Rolling Eyes

So with a 5 minute idle time waiting for people to rejoin after each crash you lose 30 minutes out of 24 hours if you're to play the entire day.
That's 30 minutes out of 1440 minutes. Not that inconvenient if you ask me.
Assuming you stop playing after the 6th crash, you waste even less time...25 minutes
Back to top Go down
Revenant -Mar Sara-
[ Chimp Enforcer ]
[ Chimp Enforcer ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   07.02.13 21:53

Well yeah people learn to live with it. More I feel negative toward BETA is the logic of game, it just doesn't feel right to me so I lose intrest (BETA actually removes me from my styles and attacks. There is things I can do at R2 which I cannot do at BETA, so I keep BETA as game which limits players.)
Back to top Go down
=HH=Scar
[ King Kong ]
[ King Kong ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   07.02.13 23:15

What limitations are there?
Back to top Go down
Revenant -Mar Sara-
[ Chimp Enforcer ]
[ Chimp Enforcer ]

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   08.02.13 4:46

Well I can't say what specific things I can't do there cause then I would tell instructions to do them, and then people would use them against me, and that's not wise right now Laughing

But I take one most flagrant example - BETA slows moving of your view so you can't example look up or down fast anymore, it actually puts opposite force against you if you try move it fast (faster you move, more the force grows).
This is sound first, you can't example bunnyhop and nade behind you like you can in R2, so this has some benefits yes. But again it brings more flaws on my opinion (remove 1 bad, disable 2 good, example). So disabling good things weight more on my scales than removing few bad.

Some could now say you just have to do it slower, calmer (moving up/down). Yeah it moves smoothly when you do it like water (just like moving in quicksand), but again what a hell requisition is that there is only one way to move your view without getting turned to handicap who simply can't turn his neck like normal people can?

I myself found things like that very annoying and frustrating, that games are done in a ways that challenge is a fight against controls.

---

(If I'm wrong here and last versions of BETA didn't anymore include this system, then I take this back and consider testing the latest version. But I doubt it actually fix things any better overally. - Can't remember did I test the latest version...my intrest was lost long before)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...   

Back to top Go down

B3 (v3.220412) DL Link... And... Something...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2