View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Revenant -Mar Sara-
[ Chimp Enforcer ]
[ Chimp Enforcer ]

PostSubject: Host, join + problems with them at AJLmod   27.04.12 9:35

--- AJLmod R2 ---

- First install basic AvP 2 (the game).
- Then official patch to AvP 2 (1.0.9.6).
- Then multiplayer mappack patch (it includes 4 maps - Stronghold, fury151 and 2 more (can't recall sure what they were...), you need that mappack only for joining servers if they run those maps).
- Then AJLmod R1 (just for basic data allowing R2 work)
- Then AJlmod R2

As Sierra shut masterservers down few years ago, the internal server listing isn't working (you can't find and join any servers running if try from AvP 2 internal server listing).
There is patch called "Savior patch" or similar that put internal server listing back on but it ain't working with R2 if I recall right.
I myself use another method that was created on same time period for allowing join (it's stolen from Gamespy join system I think). At desktop where R2 icon is, I write IP number and port number after the game launching command file. This allows me to join simply by clicking desktop icon if the server is running and inserted IP/port numbers are correct.
I have instructions for it here -> http://ajlforums.forumotion.com/t164-lv-426-server#2380

This is very simple and working way, hardest work is understand correctly where to add that IP/port line.

Host by launching game (non-dedicated or dedicated, difference is internal timescale corrupting if hosting dedicated servers with too fast computer (core processors) + crash bug with harppoon rifle when reloading it).

There is "file" recently made by VX (was it him scratch ) that reset timescale back to normal and it's one good file I admit (timescale at Russian Bears is normal now, lot better matches going again).
If you can't get that file and want host with fast comps I suggest non-dedicated as game runs how it's designed to run (no instant projectiles from other side of map to other. (Imagine seeker bolt flying instantly Rolling Eyes )).

--- AJLmod BETA --- (R3)

No need for any previous AJLmod files, just basical AvP 2 install + patches and BETA install.

Server listing works in game, join by clicking server if active, host by launching game.

--- Can't join problems ---

Major reason for players hosting today (AJLmod) servers is modems they have, cause they all are router modems. This means your modem have internal firewall system that blocks other players from "pinging" your computer to see is there server running.
You have server running - player send data to your computer but your modem isn't allowing for it to "touch" your computer so that his computer could send data back to you that tells server is running.
It also block join attempts even if you have IP/port numbers right.

For solving this you have to open your "ports" on your modem, procedure is called "port forwarding" (it can be pain in the ass, but that who seeks knows).
This is most likely best site to start solving this puzzle -> http://portforward.com/

Minor reasons are operating systems (Windows) internal firewalls + virus protectors having firewalls. If you haven't allowed specific games run under them they can sometimes prevent joins (best idea is shut them down completely while playing, there is no "boogie man" crawling by your cables at you Laughing ).

Last edited by Revenant -Mar Sara- on 27.04.12 16:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Host, join + problems with them at AJLmod   27.04.12 14:23

Just to add to Hosting/Joining for the AJLmod BETA (R3), I think it would be appropriate to list a step-by-step guide on how this is done. Rev, your above explanation for the R2 mod is great but the R3 one is too short imo (one line only?? Suspect ). Since I've gotten it to work with my friend after much trial and error, I think I should just post the steps to add to your explanation above. Here goes:

Follow these instructions AFTER you have downloaded and installed AJLmod BETA (R3):

1) Download the Connector application.

2) Open your AvP 2 Directory, open the folder "AJLMod" (where you installed the AJLmod BETA R3).

3) Look for a Text file called "AJL3Cmds". Open it and copy THE ENTIRE TEXT inside it.

4) Open the Connector application. Click on the Setup Tab then Show.

5) Make sure that the Game Directory is pointed to the Aliens vs Predator 2 directory (it should be the one that contains the lithtech.exe and not any other). Also, under the Default Cmdline box, paste the text that you copied from step 3. Click OK

6) To host a server, click on Server Manager then Add. Enter ALL the details. The first is the name. The second is the IP Address. Visit whatismyip.com to get your IP Address. The third is your port. Unless you have a particular port, just input 27888. At the Cmdline box, paste the text that you copied from step 3. Click SAVE.

7) You will now see your server in the server list. However, it will not appear on the other person's server list (not certain of the cause). Have the other person Join any of the RB servers. When his/her game starts, ensure that the main menu screen indicates the correct version of the AJLmod BETA R3.

8 ) The second person must now select "host a multiplayer game". Make sure that the Server is set to "Net/Client" and not "Lan/Client" (unless you are specifically using a LAN connection). Host the game.

9) Once the person has successfully hosted and entered the game, on YOUR Connector application, click on Refresh. Then select the server you just created. The Box below the Servers list should show under the Player heading your friend's name and their Team, Ping etc. If you see this then you have successfully created a server to play in.

10) Join this server that you just created. Once in the game, select the "join a multiplayer game" and select the Internet option or Local option (either may work). A server should appear with the other person as the host. Join it to begin the game.

Hope this helps. cheers

Last edited by mmh91 on 28.04.12 0:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AJL
[ The All Mighty Chimp ]

PostSubject: Re: Host, join + problems with them at AJLmod   27.04.12 16:05

Hmm... Thats one complicated work around mmh91 scratch And it actually works ?

Anyway... You could just make sure the lithtech.exe isn't being blocked and the
port 27888 (or what ever you're using) is open in your firewall/router...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Host, join + problems with them at AJLmod   19.08.12 21:14

so whit that program i could host whitout opening any ports?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Host, join + problems with them at AJLmod   19.08.12 21:56

could i get download link?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Host, join + problems with them at AJLmod   17.02.13 5:31

Hi everyone. I have done everything correctly but everytime I try join a AJL server (any of the russian ones) it asks me for gamespy, I press yes, and it ask cd-key. Im using that pack that includes everything and use the F-F connector. I followed the readme and everything seems to be fine exept what I just mentioned. Should I type my avp2 cd key or should it work without it?
Back to top Go down
Stroke3
[ Chimp ]
[ Chimp ]

PostSubject: Re: Host, join + problems with them at AJLmod   17.02.13 9:36

Enter your cd-key at it should be alright.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Host, join + problems with them at AJLmod   20.06.13 20:56

Hi again all, im trying to host my server, but its not appearing in the list, I have opened my ports, and allowed past firewall, updated everything to latest version, yet still not working. why?

CB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Host, join + problems with them at AJLmod   

Back to top Go down

Host, join + problems with them at AJLmod
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1